Saturday, August 9, 2008

Off For a Week

Tammy and I and our friends, the Johnstons, are heading to Lundington, MI for the week to camp, fish, boat, recreate, and relax. It's one of my favorite places ever (that I have been to anyway) and always a welcomed trip in August, though for me it means the winding down of summer too, which is sad. Been taking this salmon fishing pilgrimage to Ludington every year since about 1990 with my dad, but he won't be on this trip as they are currently in Nova Scotia with Lindsey. Talked to her this morning, she is loving the trip, especially the food ~ squirts had like 3 or 4 lobster dinners already ~ and really liked seeing Anne of Green Gables and seeing the actual town the author lived and learning about her life. They'll be returning a day or two after we do.

Hoping for good weather and lake conditions since I am taking our boat vs. my dad's, which is significantly bigger. Lake Michigan is usually pretty navigable for most medium on up sized craft though, whereas Lake Erie can rough up in a hurry.

Have a wonderful week to anyone reading this and, with any luck with the weather and fishing conditions, I'll have some cool pics to post when we return. Here's a couple of pics from last year.

Frank and I after a mornings catch

A Coast Guard helicopter on manuevers near the Ludington pier. How I captured this shot I will never know as it was flying by when I got it. I do know actually... luck. :)

Dad and I with some lunkers.

The Johnstons heading out onto the pier to enjoy a beautiful sunset on Lake Michigan. I framed this shot for them for Christmas last year.

Jeremy, I will be thinking about you and your family and praying for you all. Love you man!

2 comments:

Mar said...

Bueller? Bueller?

*Tap**Tap**tap*

Is this thing on?!?!?

Hello?!? :)

Miss ya, Rick!

Mom on the Run said...

Hi Rick! Hope all is well and that you have a great Labor Day weekend.