Monday, January 21, 2008

4 Miles in the Cold

Kind of getting to be a routine around here, but I know I am not the only one running in bitter cold these days. Got 4 miles in this morning before I headed out for inspections. It was 12 degrees when I left with a wind chill of 4. I thought I was cruising along on a tempo run (a fast-paced run, but not quite race pace), but I was much slower than what I thought I was going. Go figure. Speed's not what counts right now anyway. I actually stuck to my training mileage too today. I think that is because I am looking ahead to the 16 mile long run I have coming up this Saturday. I'm barely keeping ahead of Marion in the Pace Groups. She's killin' me! LOL

2 comments:

Tim Wilson said...

Great job with the run - looks like you have won the game on cold runs. It is starting to subside down here - Just 35 for this mornings run!

Rick said...

Looking forward to a break here too, Tim. I think Thursday is the last brutally cold day forecast.