Monday, July 21, 2008

Trial Walk/Jog This Evening

I'm down in Columbus this week for work and in my down time, though there will not be a lot by my choice, I decided to bring my running shoes and clothes. When I got done working today, I got back to my hotel, turned on my Garmin to lock in while I changed clothes and laced up, and headed out for my first walk/jog since the marathon on April 13th. I went 6.25 miles, 3.5 of which I jogged, but not all in succession. I'm happy to report that I felt pretty well, other than being out of shape. No pain in the injury area at all. When I started out, I was feeling this fatigued sensation in my right shin above where my injury was which wigged me out a bit, but it went away. You can read about my first walk/jog back here from my log if you'd like.

I'm pretty stoked right now... and thankful.

Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive and encouraging during the last few months.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOO HOOOOO!!! I'm SO happy that you were able to get back out there! Congrats. :)

I see you were cross training with the bike...I did a 10mi bike ride last week and hurt for 3 days! I'm sure it's done a lot to keep your fitness up, good for you.

I thought maybe you'd appreciate the music I posted. ;)

Zoomy said...

WOOT WOOT! (you get 2 because this is so damned cool!)

:D

Mike Fox said...

WAY TO GO!!!!!!

I'm so psyched to hear that you were able to run. This is great news!

I can't wait to track your continued rehabbing back to your speedy self :-)

BTW, I hope you wore either Maize and Blue or Green and White while circling around the stadium there in Columbus. Anything but scarlet and gray...

jtj3 said...

Rick that's awesome! Just don't overdo it, although I know you know that. Just worried about you, buddy. No marathons for you anytime soon, young man!!! :-)

Hey have a great weekend...