Sunday, April 27, 2008

Congratulations Marion and Kathy!

Congratulations to my friends, Marion and Kathy, on their awesome half marathon runs this past weekend. Marion, pictured below, shattered her half marathon PR in a new personal record time of 1:49:53 at the Greer Earth Day Half Marathon in Greenville, SC (I think). Congratulations, Mar! I knew you were going to be below 1:50:00! Amazing!

And, my good friend and fellow firefighter, Kathy Bankowski - who was responsible for getting me to run my first mile a couple years back starting me on my road to my first marathon - ran her first half marathon in Nashville, TN this past weekend at the Country Music Marathon, along with 30,000+ other half and full marathoners, her daugther, Lindi, being one of the other full marathoners, who finished in 4:11:41 in her first marathon! Kathy came in at 2:02:08 and was in the top 5% of her age and gender group for her race! I would have posted a pic of her as well, but the ones I have aren't good of her and, she is soooooo stinkin' humble she would have beat me had I posted one of her anyway. Congratulations, Kathy! I'm so proud of you!

1 comment:

Mar said...

Thanks, Rick!:) What a hot race that was.

Can't wait to hear about your MRI. Hope your leg is doing better..