Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy 40th Birthday, Honey!

It was 24 years ago on this very date that I first began to fall in love with you, Honey. LeAnn inviting me to your 16th birthday "party" was one of the best things that could have ever happened in my life. Of course, little did she know that you and I would end up together and not her and I. All those hang up phone calls... ah, the memories.

I was so obsessed with you back then and continue to be to this day. You are my heart's desire. You amaze me everyday in all you accomplish, your heart for your family, your care for your family, giving selflessly of yourself in all that you do while rarely complaining and never asking for yourself, while growing more in beauty inside and out every day.

I will never be able to express my gratitude for the Lord having put you in my life to stay 24 years ago. You've persevered with me through very difficult, trying, and ugly times. You've been as forgiving as only Christ himself could forgive. You've been an awesome example of a loving wife and mother to our daughters and you inspire me by the example of your own life daily. You are to me, in a word... amazing, and truly a gift from God!

You are a blessing to everyone who has the privilege of having you in their life... especially me! I love you more now than I ever have and I thank God for you. Happy 40th Birthday, my love!

6 comments:

Zoomy said...

Awww...Rick, that is so sweet. I didn't realize that you guys had been together since you were both so young. did and I met when I was 17 and he 18. Everyone said we were too young to last, especially with me still in HS and him going off to college. Ha on them!

Have a great day with your beautiful wife. She makes 40 look fantastic!

:)

jtj3 said...

Rick, what a great post and a great 'love letter' to your wife. You are a lucky man, and she's a lucky woman to have you. Please give her my best, and I wish her (and you!) many more happy years together.

Mar said...

Happy birthday, Tammy!!!!

jessica said...

I almost shed tears that was so sweet! And you do look beautiful Tammy- but you don't look 40! Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you get to do something fun and relaxing! Like your husband said you give and give and deserve a Tammy Day! You guys are so great!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful bride! You two are definitely a match made in heaven. Enjoy your celebrations!

Mike Fox said...

That was a very sweet post...AWWWWW.

My wife and I met when we were in college (I was 21, she was 20), and we hope to be blessed with the same "staying power" as you two :-)

I also wanted to pass along my good wishes for this weekend. I have you in my thoughts for a successful race (and prayers for an injury free one...or at least to not make your current injury worse). Good luck!!!