Saturday, April 12, 2008

Locked and Loaded... Bring It On!

I slept till almost 9:00 a.m. this morning after having gone to bed last night around 11:30 after the news! I suppose I was making up for the night before when I didn't fall asleep until about 3:00 a.m. and getting up at 6:30. Lots of stuff running through my head night before last.

Had a cup of coffee with Tammy when I got up and asked if she would go with me on my final run. She accepted. We changed and headed out around 10:00. Here's my notes from my training log for my final pre-race run before the marathon tomorrow:

Final training run before the marathon tomorrow. Very easy 3.25 with Tammy, who I was SO glad to run with this morning. It seemed only fitting since she has been so supportive of my efforts throughout this whole crazy training period. Me bursting in the door at the end of a workday and blurting out, "I'm going for my run", and she so lovingly and patiently working around my running with dinners, shuttling Lindsey to practices, and what not. She has been the BEST! So, I am so very thankful to have done this final run before the race with her. Thank you, Honey, for YOUR perseverance throughout the last 6 1/2 months! I love you! So, the run felt really good. It was 43 and lightly raining, with light to moderate winds out of the west, which is the way tomorrow is likely to be, but a bit cooler to start and a chance of snow early. How fitting is that?!? I had shorts on, a t, and a long sleeved t, and was quite comfortable by the end of our run. I felt physically as good as I think I could feel and mentally, I am ready. Locked and loaded and ready to go tomorrow. No splits, I left Garmin to sleep in this morning cause she has to get up early tomorrow and go to work. :) Next run notes will be from my first marathon.

There's really not much more to say. I pray that I feel as well and calm tomorrow morning as I do this morning and the Lord sees me through the race tomorrow. Oh, I do want to thank Jeremy and Cindy Floyd for the beautiful flowers they sent me yesterday (I'll post pics later), and Wayne Gamble for all his logistical efforts in mapping spectator sites along the race course for my family and friends and making signs at his print shop for me, and ALL of you who have followed this blog and my journey to the starting line tomorrow. Thank you for your encouragement, support, love, and prayers along the way, and tomorrow. I have a lump in my throat thinking about how blessed I am by you ALL. Thank you especially to my family... Lindsey, Chelsea, and Tammy, the Lord has blessed me so much with each one of you. I love each of you from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for your love and support!

I have put in 859.8 miles in training runs over the past 6 1/2 months. I am ready! Put your sneakers on Cass... we have a race to run tomorrow!

2 comments:

Zoomy said...

Wait a minute...your Garmin is a girl? Mine is a boy!

:p

Good luck tomorrow, friend. I can't wait for your race report. In 24 hours from now you will be a marathoner!

:)

Mike Fox said...

Good luck Rick!!!!!