Monday, February 4, 2008

Well Done, Jennifer!

I just wanted to give a shout out to my RA (RunningAHEAD) running friend, Jennifer, from San Diego, CA, on her awesome performance in the Surf City Marathon she ran yesterday in very tough windy and rainy conditions along the Pacific Coast Highway that you can read about here on her blog. Great race report, Jennifer!

You're an inspiration to me Jennifer and thanks for all the encouragement and support you have given me here. I truly appreciate it and... you! Congratulations on an awesome race and... on to Boston! :-)

Now I can lace up my sheet metal studded homemade winter trainers and head out for my scheduled 4 miles on the newly iced-over southeast Michigan roads. The kids had another two hour school delay due to the weather so, as soon as they head off to school I will head out in the ice/slush for my run, then on to some inspections. Did that rodent see his shadow Saturday? Cause I am about DONE with winter weather! :-D

8 comments:

Zoomy said...

Jennifer rocked that race! Nice work, girl!

Good luck on your icy run...I'm hoping to get out for my first run in a week. I still feel pretty blah, but I think it would do my head good to get outdoors and moving.

Unfortunately the big rodent DID see his shadow. Should we arrange a hit on the little jerk?

k

Jennifer said...

Thanks Rick!!! I'm so thankful to have my online cheer section! You guys are awesome, thank you so much!

I can't even imagine trying to run on ice. YIKES!! be safe...should you maybe wear a helmet? LOL

Tim Wilson said...

Great job Jennifer!

Hope your run went good today Rick! It is starting to warm up here a bit.... just rain to run in, nothing like SE Michigan. :)

Mar said...

Jennifer did an awesome job! I was stalking our running chat board all day waiting for her race report:)

Hope your run went well. :)

Rick said...

The icy run was good. I love my homemade winter trainers. They work like a charm.

Tomorrow it appears (or disappears) we will be dealing with heavy fog. I'll have to strap a foghorn to my hoohaa tomorrow I suppose.

Jennifer is trying to get me nominated for Biggest Dork Runner of the Year with the helmet suggestion. Hehehe.

Mar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mar said...

sorry, disregard the deleted post. I misread YOUR post, Rick...good grief, where's my coffee?!?!

Rick said...

Grace, love, forgiveness, Marion. ;-)

No problem. I get excited even when I have a deleted comment on my blog! I really MUST get a life!