Friday, February 15, 2008

Good Luck Marion and Tim!

My online running "dotcomrades" (term as stolen, err, borrowed from Kooky on RA) from RunningAHEAD (RA) and fellow running bloggers, Marion and Tim, will be running two big races this weekend. Marion will be lacing up for her first marathon, the Myrtle Beach Marathon, which the gun will go off for bright and early Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m. I wrote about what an inspiration she has been to me in my own running, and life, and her incredible weight loss road that she has paved for herself, not traveled, in a prior post here. She's a remarkable story of heart and fiery determination. If you have a moment, I encourage you to head over to her site, Shut it and Run, and leave her a note to wish her well in her race. As I said, she has been a huge inspiration to me and one of the driving factors the Lord put in my life to set a goal of running a marathon myself. It's been said that the marathon is simply the victory lap for all the exhaustive miles and training you run preparing for it. Mar, you've trained hard and well, my running friend... now go out and enjoy the whole experience of your victory lap!

Tim is an incredible story as well and only began running just a year ago in January and, at that, had only really started walking at that time. He has lost 80 pounds since, run numerous races, many of which were 5k's in which he has shattered his PR (personal record) in them time after time, and is now gearing up to run his first half-marathon, the Run the Reagan, down in the Atlanta-area of Georgia tomorrow. His story of determination to get himself healthier and the incredible strides he has made in doing so have been an inspiration to me as well. You can head over to his blog, 26.2 Quest, and cheer him on in as well.


There are some amazing people all around us, that do amazing things, under amazing circumstances and, these are just two of them. May the Lord bless you both in your races tomorrow, with peace of mind, strength, endurance, and physical health. You're both amazing individuals! I can't wait to hear about your races. Good luck and... have a BLAST!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thinkng of Tim and Marion...they should be done anytime now!! Woo HOo!!!

Rick said...

They both did fabulously! Woohoo! Indeedy!

Tim Wilson said...

Thanks for the mention and thinking and praying for me!