Saturday, January 12, 2008

Another RA Inspiration


This is yet another of the inspirational people on RunningAHEAD.com (RA) and running friend, Marion. She's been leaving kind comments and words of encouragement on my blog here, which I appreciate a ton! She's also the one that pestered, err, encouraged me to get my own blog going. Created a monster now, didn't you Marion?!? Mar's an amazing story as well. Since April of 2005 she has lost like a gazillion pounds after embarking on her weight loss and fitness journey! Ok, that was a slight exaggeration. In reality, she has only lost 100+ pounds! That's like a whole person people! During the course of her 2 1/2 year weight loss odyssey she sustained an ankle fracture running in '06 and then a stress fracture early in '07, so swam every day to stay active, and after her recovery trained for and ran a half marathon (13.1 miles) in October in under two hours with the last 3.1 miles (5K) a full 2 minutes faster than my fastest 5K without having ran 10 miles preceeding the 3.1! Marion is now training for the Bi-Lo Marathon in Myrtle Beach (sounds a bit better than Toledo, OH) on February 16, 2008. She just ran an 18 mile training run today. Whew! You can track her training progress here http://www.shutitandrun.blogspot.com/ and leave her words of encouragement! On top of all her running and weight loss accomplishments, she is an awesome wife and mom to an adorable little girl and boy, knits, sews, designs skyscrapers, is a nuclear physicist, expert culinary chef, and accomplished juggler. Ok, so a couple of those are writer's embellishments, but she is very gifted and does a ton! Oh, and she has a couple cats and a pooch too. Marion you rock and have been an inspiration to me! Stay healthy!

2 comments:

Mar said...

Hey! There's ME:)
Thanks, Rick. I appreciate all the kind words. Ya know how to boost a person's ego:) I hope you know how much you've inspired me. I'm especially thankful that you've got your blog up and running. Your determination and positive posts make me smile and give me something to concentrate on during the tough spots on my runs:) So, thank you!!:)Now if you'll excuse me, I have a few skyscrapers to design, cakes to bake, a house to clean,1000 miles to run in the next 2 hours, y'know, everyday stuff:) lol..:)

Rick said...

All in a day's work for you, Mar! You're just like Tammy... I am never ceased at being amazed by all she accomplishes and, you're in that category as well. :-)

p.s. - Don't forget about saving the world before the end of the day too!