Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008 Running Goals

So, as promised, here are my 2008 running (and a couple of other) goals:

  • Learn to stop eating when I am full - no matter how tasty the food/treat
  • Drink more water consistently
  • Stay injury free/healthy
  • Complete the Glass City Marathon on April 13th, hopefully in a respectable time (4 hour-ish)
  • Run a sub 24 minute 5K (3.1 mile race) - current personal record (PR) noted in right sidebar
  • Run a sub 50 minute 10K (6.2 mile race) - current PR at right
  • Learn to stop eating when I am full
  • Run the Flying Pig Half Marathon in Cincinnati with Tammy on May 4th (I think)
  • Run the Grand Rapids full or half marathon (not sure yet, will know better after April 13th!) in October
  • Log 1,000+ miles for the year
  • Learn to stop eating when I am full

I may add to this, but I think this is a good set of goals for 2008. Did I mention to learn to stop eating when I am full?!?

Today is a scheduled rest day and I'm going to keep it at that. I had considered doing 4 or 5 miles, but I am kinda "not feelin' it" today and, I think I am going to move my long run up from Saturday to tomorrow morning as I want to run a 10 mile race in Delta, Ohio on Sunday and I don't want to have just done 14 miles the day before! I have to put a link to the training program I am following on the right, which I will do soon when I have time so y'all can see what I am supposed to be doing. I am following it loosely and am actually ahead of it right now. You can also see my running log by clicking on any of the green mileage hyper-links to the right under "My latest workouts". When you get to the next screen noting that particular run, you can also take a look at my "Summary" log or other stuff on the menu on the left. If you care about that stuff.

That's all for now.... peace out.

2 comments:

Mar said...

Mar's an idiot..I got all excited when you said 'training link to the right'..I sat there for a few seconds scrolling up and down, thinking it would load any second. I should have listened to my 3rd grade teacher a bit more closely...read the entire paragraph from start to finish so you can understand what the writer is trying to say. So I'll just keep checking back:) I'd love to see what your training plan looks like..

I'm digging your goals. The "learn to stop eating when I'm full" thing is on my mental list about a billion times. I might play copy cat and put something like this on my blog. Accountability and all that..

You're running a race this weekend??? Oooooh, be sure to take pics and post a report. I'll be blog stalkin' ya!

Hope your long run goes well tomorrow.

Rick said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Mar! Feel free to copy cat stuff from me... I have already done so from you. See, second to procrastination, I am an awesome plagiarizer! :-)

The race was impromptu. I'll try and post about it in a bit.

Long run went well, but was tuff! I put ya a note about it on your blog.