Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another Inspiration

I hocked this video from Tim's running blog. The video, the story of Ben Comen, a runner with cerebral palsy, is kinda long at just over 7 minutes, but worth watching. It makes me thankful, but then again, it made me cry for Cassy because even though Ben, the subject of the video, has his difficulties... he is at least able to run, for now. Cassy will never know the feeling like the exhausted dead-out sprint in the blustery cold on my snowy road that I finished my run with tonight. Be thankful. I know I am.

4 comments:

Tim Wilson said...

Thanks for the plug Rick!

I am taken aback by it each time I remember it. And each time I feel like quiting.

Do you talk more about Cassy in one of your early posts? I was wondering about her and why you run for her. Just curious....

Rick said...

She's in my Preface and Purpose post, Tim. My very first - and VERY LONG - post. Although, my youngest daughter, Lindsey, says ALL my posts are too long. Critics.

Hey, question Tim, I couldn't get the video to embed in my post. I copied the embedding coding and tried loading the video to the post with the little film clip tab above the posting text box and it wouldn't take. Any suggestions?

Tim Wilson said...

Thanks, I will check it out.

The way I embed the videos is I copy the embedding code, and then when I am done typing the post I switch to the html view and past the html from the embed code into the html where I want the video to show up.

I have noticed that the embedded video doesn't show up when I am in the compose mode, the only way I can tell if it is working is by clicking the preview button.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tim

Rick said...

Thanks! I'll give it a whirl!